Elicitation Skills Training
Our elicitation training workshop has been designed to improve your ability to subtly acquire information by speaking to people. This course is perfect for a range of professionals in different disciplines so get in touch with us today to hear about our available training courses.
During the course of the year we will be running a number of elicitation and influencing skills workshops and training programmes that open up this valuable technique, usually the sole domain of the intelligence and law enforcement world, to a wider audience.
Elicitation is an effective way to gain knowledge and has multiple uses that can include including helping build a competitive advantage, conducting due diligence and getting to know your client, getting investment reassurance or gaining a more informed understanding of any area of interest.
The elicitation skills workshops are facilitated by ex-members of the UK government, military and law enforcement. Elicitation and influencing skills are particularly useful if you are a business analyst whose main role is to implement organisational change. Part of the business analysis the analyst may carry out is to gather information and data from senior stakeholders to better understand the business requirements. My being able to elicit information out of these individuals you they are giving themselves more information and a better platform to work from when implementing the business change. The workshops are suitable for both the private and public sector and would benefit personnel working in the following areas:
- Contract negotiators
- Wealth management
- Banking and finance
- Legal and Compliance
- Senior executives
- Human resources and recruitment
- Therapy and counselling
- Customer service
- Law enforcement
Elicitation Workshop summaries
We provide three levels of training: an introductory workshop to provide a flavour of elicitation and influencing skills and their application practical application, a one-day workshop which will provide a basic level of training and for those requiring a more advanced level of training we provide a two-day workshop. We can also develop bespoke training programmes of a longer duration if required.
- Introductory workshop - this short “lunch and learn” workshop provides an introduction to elicitation and is informal in nature. The workshop will cover what is meant by elicitation, the practical application in a number of workplace settings and how elicitation and influencing skills can be used to gain a competitive advantage. The workshop will last between 60 to 90 minutes
- The one-day workshop - will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to discreetly gather information (elicitation). The workshop will include facilitated discussion and practical exercises and will include a variety of topics such as the meaning and application of elicitation, elicitation techniques and tradecraft, influence techniques and strategies, the funnelling technique, asking the right questions using the 5WH model - who, what, where, why, when and how, planning the approach and intended outcomes, conducting productive conversations and recording the results
- The two-day workshop - will commence with a recap on the knowledge and skills required to discreetly gather information (elicitation) and associated influencing strategies and techniques. It will then focus on the practical application of these techniques through a series of practical exercises designed to replicate real life encounters.
Our NEW “Lunch and Learn“ workshop providing an introduction to the art and application of elicitation and influencing skills is now available for booking.
Elicitation is the art of using of conversation to subtly acquire information about a person, their life and background, future plans, work and projects they are engaged on.
The 90-minute workshop covers:
- The meaning and application of elicitation
- The skills and attributes required for an elicitation encounter
- An introduction to elicitation techniques
Elicitation is an effective way to gain knowledge and has multiple uses that can include including helping build a competitive advantage, conducting due diligence by getting to know your client, getting investment reassurance or gaining a more informed understanding of any area of interest.
The workshop can accommodate up to 15 attendees and can be delivered at your location by one of our highly experienced practitioners.
The workshop is suitable for all personnel working in the areas of sales, contract negotiations, due diligence and compliance, senior executives, HR and recruitment.